The network aims at
- Gain recognition as a trusted common platform at the national level in order to interact and influence local government and other government line agencies.
- Establish linkages with development agencies in government, stakeholders and mobilize development resources/funds from alternative sources.
- Improve governance and management related to FIPs and to promote the culture of transparency, accountability and good governance at the national level.
- Provide input to the development and implementation of projects supporting fisheries working towards sustainability.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of fisheries working towards sustainability.
- Work in collaboration with different stakeholders, NGOs, Funding agencies.
- Provide training, education and data based information to the fisherman community.
- To provide resources and assistance to Fishermen.
- Capacity building programs regarding sustainability in collaboration with Fisheries University and vocational institutions.